RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Squeakers


This friendly boy introduced himself to me a couple of weeks ago by way of a gentle pawing as I walked by the shelf where he was sitting.


He proved easy to cuddle and we quickly hit it off. Slightly more challenging to photograph though, as I've found to be so often the case with cats who aren't the least bit interested in posing when they could be weaving around your legs or getting tickled behind the ears.


Not to be confused with the similarly named Squeaks (he of the adorably distinctive meow), it's hard to say how Squeakers came by his name, as he came with it when he was surrendered to RAPS due to inappropriate peeing.

2 comments:

  1. When I was at 5 road, he was there and he was the most depressed cat I've ever seen.It's clear he likes people but I wish he'd actively seek them out more!
    Annj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just met Squeakers yesterday & what a lovely boy he is. He accepted me right away & loved the TLC I gave him. It is obvious that he likes people & I wish someone would try again with him & offer a forever home.
    Lee - KC

    ReplyDelete