RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pudditat

Written by guest blogger Kim Howe


When I began volunteering in the single wide in the summer of 2008, Pudditat was the first cat with whom I made a connection. He's a handsome boy with unique markings and striking blue eyes due to his tabby/siamese combination. Three and a half years later, he is still the first cat I seek out when I get to the single wide every Monday.


I haven't been able to find out much about Pudditat's pre-sanctuary life -- everyone just remembers him as having been at the sanctuary for ages. He has been a resident of the leukemia room as long as I have known him. He started out semi-feral, though you wouldn't know it now as he has become quite a cuddler. Over the years, he has progressed from tentatively sitting beside me to accept a few pets to now sitting in my lap and rolling onto his side for belly rubs.


Pudditat has had numerous roommates over the last few years as many leukemia cats have come and sadly gone. He can be a bit of a loner at times and often escapes to the bed on top of the cage for a little quiet time to himself, but I know that he's waiting for me on Mondays and that my voice will coax him down for some quality time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment