RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Bantam

On my way out of the singlewide earlier this week after my unsuccessful attempt to get close to Asta, I looked up to find this handsome fellow peering down at me from the top of the cages.


He was interested in me, though not quite interested enough to be bothered to come down from his perch for a proper cuddle. And so I had to make do with having my reaching fingers sniffed and gently pawed.


I found out afterward that this was Bantam who came from the same egg farm on Blundell where we got Simone and April. Already looking forward to visiting him again. Hopefully next time he'll deign to come down to a more pettable location!

photo by Barbara


2 comments:

  1. He's a morning boy, greets me at the door first thing and then I have a hard time finding him in the afternoon to say goodbye.
    He loves to be petted and adored, if you get him to like you he will trill at you for pets and that is worth it's weight in gold. He's got an amazing voice, makes me happy just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love cats who trill! If I didn't already have enough incentive to make friends with Bantam, I do now.

    ReplyDelete