RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Update: Precious

When I started my feeding shift in the doublewide on Monday evening, a very friendly black kitty I hadn't seen in there before approached me with a cheerful request for attention. She seemed familiar, but I just couldn't place her.


She turned out to be Precious, who arrived at the sanctuary last summer. She'd started off in the Connor building, and last I heard she'd been moved to one of the back pens. But Precious just loved people so much that staff decided she's be happier in the doublewide, where there are a lot more opportunities for her to spend time with staff and volunteers and make friends with visitors passing through.

Precious wasted no time in renewing her acquaintance with me, running up to me meowing to say hello, then weaving, rubbing, and reaching up to pat my legs. She truly does love spending time with her human friends.


1 comment:

  1. Although I miss seeing Precious every week, I'm glad that she's got more company in the d-w. She's a sweetie-pie and she deserves more attention. Keep wow'ing them girl!

    ReplyDelete