RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Selma


When I came across this tuxedo girl in the Connor building on Monday, I wasn't quite sure what reaction to expect when I reached up to her perch to make contact. We peered at each other for a moment, and then were suddenly friends.


With all the purring, blanket kneading, and head rubbing Selma was happy to share with me, I was a little surprised to learn that she'd come to RAPS as a feral kitten. Thanks to staff like Leslie spending lots of time with her when she was young and to volunteers like Bonnie who became good friends with her, she grew up into a very nice girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment