RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Moe


Moe was one of a number of cats who started off at the No. 5 Rd. shelter but was sent to the sanctuary largely due to lack of space. These cats had been there a while and were either not as obviously friendly or simply kept getting passed over for no special reason when people came in to look for a cat to adopt.

A striking grey shorthair, Moe saw me visiting with another cat in his enclosure and seemed to feel it quite important to introduce himself to me. After ejecting his rival from his perch and captured my attention, Moe proceeded to shamelessly mug for the camera to make sure he kept it.


He was happy to be stroked as well, but mostly it was just the general attention that he wanted from me. Sometimes cats are all about the cuddles and kisses, but sometimes they really just seem to crave a little human interaction.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful boy! Such striking eyes too. Wonder why such a handosme dude would be passed over?! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Moe, even when he kills rats and won't give them up. He's the first of the number five road cats to warm up to me and usually sits on my lap while I scoop in there unless he's got another engagement. :)

    ReplyDelete