RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Cheetah

Cheetah came to RAPS some years ago with his tabby mother and two black siblings. Mom and siblings were all friendly but Cheetah was a big chicken when it came to humans, so they got adopted while he remained at RAPS.


Cheetah is now around eight or nine years old. He's turned into a friendly boy, though he can still be scared if startled. He is quite fond of treats, as Brigid demonstrates:


He's also got a good friend in Foxy, so even in his less brave moments he doesn't have to worry about being lonely.

Cheetah and Foxy (centre)
photo by Barbara

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to find this boy on the website as I often think of him .I adopted his brother and sister and named them Abby and Simon. I have always wondered if Cheetah had been adopted. He wasn't named at the time I took Abby and Simon. I really wanted to take him too. It wasn't that he was shy that I didn't, it was because I already had two cats before adopting his siblings. I still have Abby and Simon and love then to pieces. My two other loves Gemifer and Pippie have since passed away after I moved back to Winnipeg from Vancouver. I have since rescued three cats and now have five in an apartment that allows three (ssshh don't tell anyone). So I am at the number five anyways. I love Cheetah's squinty eyes. Simon's are not quite as squinty but his nickname is squeenkie. Abby is Abby Bo Babby in full.Whenever I want to feel an overwhelming love I look at this website. I was heartbroken to learn Emmy had died but happy to see Birdie is doing well. I miss the shelter and the cats and being with other people that love them as much as I do. If I ever make it back to Vancouver the shelter is number one on my list of places to go.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete