RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lola

Lola has a distinctive face with two different coloured eyes.
Another point of note: despite what one may be led to expect with a name like Lola, this cat is a he.



Shannon remembers a sign on his cage when he first came to the shelter a year or so ago stating that yes, the boy's name is Lola and that we shouldn't change it because the people who'd had to surrender him hoped to come and visit him.



It turns out that Lola was named for the song by The Kinks, a song I didn't know as well as I thought I did, having never really listened to the last verse which goes:

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola
La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola



2 comments:

  1. Yes I thought his owners must have had a wonderful sense of humour, as I am well aware of the song and the tale it tells of the cross-dresser Lola. I told Lisa, that however, I would have named him BOWIE because of the eyes. Still would have been cool. LOL

    Check out my photos of Lola.

    ReplyDelete