RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, November 27, 2009

A cat for every surface

The RAPS blog did a fun post in the summer titled "Let sleeping cats lie... in weird places."  When I've attempted to conjure up a word picture of what a sanctuary inhabited by 800-900 cats looks like, what comes to mind is a home, or probably more a place like a farm, where every surface that could conceivably hold a cat does just that.

...not that napping in odd places is a habit limited to cats living in large numbers at a sanctuary. Case in point: yesterday I caught Leo lounging on my shoes, looking for all intents and purposes like he was trying them on. As I caught Leo just as I was on my way out the door - i.e. needing to wear the shoes he was borrowing - I didn't get a picture.

Here are some pictures I did get from around the sanctuary over the past few months.







 

 

 

 

 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. They do get anywhere. I have photo of cats sleeping on top of the lights, since the roof repair in McCracken... Hannah likes to crawl into empty buckets... truly it is amazing where they will curl up.

    ReplyDelete