RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A new look at some favourites


Ann, one of our Kitty Comforters, visits regularly on a Sunday afternoon with her two daughters, Ava and Selena. Both girls have a magic touch with cats.   Imagine my delight when some new pictures arrived in my inbox – Selena has a magic touch with a pencil too!
 





Deety - DW
Selena says:
“I can only come on Sundays because I work during the week but I wish I could come to the sanctuary more often. It's my favourite place to be besides my own home!! My absolute favourite cat there is Puffin, he's perfect and beautiful and I love him...and my other favourite is Dirky. I sponsor both of them!
Puffin - CC
 Other friends I love are Daisy, Yoda, Darwin, Renee, Peppercorn, and Dell!
 
Daisy - MW
I have two cats at home, Zoe and Oreo, and they are both great!! I've wanted to draw some of the cats for a while now but I wanted to practice a bit since I don't draw animals often. :)
Paolo - MW
The 6 cats that I drew are all favourites of my family!”
 
Belinda - MW
When these pictures started going the rounds there was instant interest in matching image with original – and it was surprisingly easy!  Selena’s pictures are so full of the personality of her models.
 
Bubba - MM
We’ll look forward to seeing what else will come from her talented fingers!

Blog by Brigid Coult & Selena Marchetti
Pictures by Selena Marchetti and Candy Chen, Marianne Moore, Debbie Wolinski & Michele Wright

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog! Way to go, Selena! You've really captured the character of these cats in your drawings.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love that you've got Puffin in there - he's one of my favourites too [and so cuddly]

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so talented - such great depictions and nice that she can celebrate her favourites this way. We need more!!!!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so cool...
    LOVE them
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete