RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Sambuca

Sambuca came to RAPS at the beginning of October. It was hard to tell if she was semi-feral or tame but scared. Now that she's had a bit of time to settle in, we still can't be sure how she'll ultimately feel about us, but it's clear from her behaviour that she's had at least some experience of being near people.

Leslie's been able to pat Sambuca and even get her purring. I was able to get in a pat or two when I went into the cage with her dinner, but she was clearly fearful of me and seemed to hope I would go away quickly so she could safely venture out of the corner she'd retreated to and eat her food. She didn't mind me standing outside her cage, though, and even seemed curious about me. These photos were taken through the cage door.

2 comments:

  1. Sambuca is a beautiful girl. Where does she reside (for now)? I'd like to visit.

    ReplyDelete