RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Mac


Mac is an old feral who's been at the cat sanctuary since 2005 when he was trapped in north Richmond.


He's a gentle, friendly boy now, so I didn't realize he was a former feral until Leslie told me later. I wouldn't exactly call him outgoing--at least he didn't go out of his way to get or keep my attention when I met him this evening--but he's quietly happy to receive some pats when offered.

Like Andy, Mac is now completely toothless (he'd suffered from mouth ulcers), but unlike Andy, he doesn't seem to have a thing for gumming his human friends' fingers.

He appears to get along fine with other cats too, as when Whiskey came along and inserted himself in the midst of our cuddle, Mac just started rubbing against the both of us.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! It's so good to see "Mac-aroni" featured. He's a very nice cat. He had a friend named Midge, a cute little white and tortie girl, when he first came to the shelter. They shared a cage and then were inseparable for a while after, until Mac discovered the great outdoors. He doesn't come in often and I don't think Midge goes outside. I often wonder if she misses her big buddy. It would be sweet to see them together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if I'd known he was so nice, I would have introduced myself to him before! The longer, sunnier days seem to bring out cats we don't always get a chance to see otherwise.

      Midge let me get some photos of her yesterday when I was asking Leslie about Mac, so I'll be doing a post about her this Friday :)

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to see the post on Midge. Thanks, Claire.
      Marianne

      Delete