RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sprite


I suspect I've met Sprite before, but just didn't realize it due to a case of mistaken identity. I may have thought I was petting Dempster, who also has a sprinkling of white fur on his chest, or Luigi (at one of those times when he's shed his signature single white whisker), who also has a tendency to chew on a finger or two when he gets overstimulated.

We do have more than a few black cats at the sanctuary, after all.

Sprite is, of course, very much his own distinct self. He's been at RAPS for some time and seems to be quite a fan of Leslie. He perked right up when she smiled at him as she passed the shelf where he was sitting, and sat up straight and tall as he leaned into her pats. He liked me well enough, though he couldn't decide whether to rub against me or nip at me. This latter activity brought one distinguishing characteristic to my attention - this guy's got long fangs!

Even though he curled up for a snooze after Leslie moved on to continue with her work for the evening, Sprite did let me entice him with a few head rubs and ear tickles. Getting up from his repose for further cuddles and perhaps some photos, though? Not a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment