RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Whiskers

When I came across this black & white kitty on the back porch of the singlewide recently, I wondered how it was that I hadn't noticed her before.


I later found out from Leslie that she's a cat that few people notice. Her name is Whiskers and she's a quiet girl who was trapped over a decade ago near a Richmond hotel.


Fellow volunteer Kim was with me when I met Whiskers. It was Kim's first contact as well, since Whiskers seems to like to hang out up high where she can feel safe and keep and eye on us humans. Standing on a stool, Kim was able to get close enough to reach up and have the tip her her finger sniffed. It turns out that this may have been as close as Whiskers has let people get, as Leslie was not aware of anyone having yet had physical contact with her.

2 comments: