RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Toby (II)

Toby was picked up as a stray by C.A.R.E.S. Cat Shelter in Langley. When he tested positive for FIV, something the C.A.R.E.S. shelter doesn't have the facilities to accommodate, they asked RAPS to take him in at the sanctuary.


Toby arrived at the sanctuary this weekend and instantly proved the kind of cat people look forward to knowing better. Within moments of meeting him for the first time, he was already giving me loving looks, purrs, rubs and head butts. When I came by the cage again a little later, fellow volunteer Ayako had just met him and already had him perched quite contentedly on her lap.


Even without reading the sign on Toby's cage door that says as much, it's clear that this boy loves people.


4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet him properly!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to thank the people at RAPS...you guys do so much for these cats...

    it is nice to see in this world there are still good people out there!

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby came to see me every day and he looked like he didn't have a home as he kept coming back. I naturally started feeding him and named him Toby. I made him a nice little bed as it was still cold out and he would come a sleep in a flower pot on my patio. As I volunteer for C.A.R.E.S. in Langley they were able to take him in to be adopted. Sadly, after testing, it was found that he tested positive for FIV. As I already have two other cats I was not able to keep him. Big thanks to C.A.R.E.S. and RAPS for the wonderful job that they do helping homeless and neglected cats. I will be visiting Toby soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing a little more of his story with us!

      Delete