RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tiaz

I was introduced to Tiaz as a cat who may be almost as big as Rita was when she came in last summer.


Tia arrived at the sanctuary last week, brought in by people who said she was a stray they'd been feeding but couldn't anymore.

I'm suspecting she must have had some bad matts in her fur that needed taking care of when RAPS took over her care, as when she stood up from her bed to get a little further away from my scary big camera and the accompanying flash, this is the view I was treated to:


Even without having a camera pointed at her, Tiaz is still pretty uncertain about her new surroundings and the humans that come with them. If I approached very quietly and gently, she did let me present a finger tip for a brief sniff. But there ended the interview.

For now, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. AH! you found her, not like she's hard to miss!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her at the vets and her matts were so bad they were almost like a double layer. Looked like really bad toupe's...I'd be angry too. When I sat with her last week, she did hit when I persisted trying to pet her, but didn't use claws.

    The people said she was a stray they were feeding and were calling her Tia, when the vet's office traced the tattoo back to the original owners her name was also Tia. They said they gave her away 5 years ago and didn't want her back. But she most certainly was not a stray. She had probably been given to the people who finally gave her to us. How else do you come up with the same name she's had her whole life? Somehow I doubt it's coincidence!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's been moved to the Moore Trailer and she is way more angry in there than she was in the double. At least she was today, she went nuts on my foot and leg while I tried to clean her cage.
    Super glad for the thick pants I wore today.
    I feel bad for her, she's obviously not a happy kitty. :(

    ReplyDelete