RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell ended up with RAPS after being abandoned at a cat show.


After all the cat carriers went on their way with the assorted breeders and enthusiasts, there was one carrier left behind. The show organizers checked in with registrants to see if anyone was missing a cat, but it seemed that nobody was. RAPS was called and in she came.


A peculiar gait when viewed from behind revealed a broken leg, which our vet said was an old injury, long since set at whatever angle it naturally ended up and healed. In any case, it doesn't seem to slow Tinkerbell down at all.


Tinkerbell's other distinguishing feature is the collar she wears as an indication that Tinkerbell can sometimes be Tinkerbite. Interestingly, though, while she's said to have bitten someone some time ago, I haven't yet found anyone who's known her to do it recently. She visited with me this evening while I was working at the sink and could scarcely have been friendlier.

5 comments:

  1. She has never been anything but a LADEEE with me!
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I stayed away from her for a long time before I realized there was no need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stinkerbelle has tried to bite me when we've had an extra long cuddle session. She is just trying to tell me that it's not over yet. ;)
    She can also get extremely jealous of other kitties if they try to intrude upon what she considers her time and lash out at them or run away depending on the cat.
    I suspect whomever got bitten was involved in such a situation and wasn't fast enough to get away.
    They can all bite hard if they feel like it.
    The snuggles are worth the risk. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said!
    Maybe it's because I grew up with psycho kitties, but I tend to be more surprised by cats who never ever bite or scratch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwwwwwww puppy i hav a cat dats called tinkabell and shes black and i tap her head hard with my fingers

    ReplyDelete