RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Elmo


Elmo is Princess's brother and, even without seeing them together side by side, the family resemblance is clear.


Marianne introduced me to him on the weekend when he was sunning himself out in the back courtyard. She warned me he could be a little shy, but he must have been satisfied with her having vetted me out, since he quite readily decided that we could be friends.


Elmo can be a little timid when it comes to other cats, I noticed, as he would back away anytime another cat tried to muscle in on his cuddle time. Leslie says this is one of the reasons he looks thinner than his sister. His coat's not as soft and shiny either, but then he doesn't have Martin grooming him Princess does.


Elmo does seem to do OK, though. Here he is with Cookie and Salty, with whom he soon after showed himself to be ease enough to enjoy a three cat cuddle as they all vied for my attention.

Cookie, Elmo, Salty

6 comments:

  1. AAWWW!!!!! So cute!!! You seem to be finding all my fave cats!! And yes he is quite friendly once he gets comfortable with you
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this guy outside yesterday and I thought what happened to Princess, shes looking so thin, this clears things up!

    When do you volunteer there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My official shift is on Monday evenings, though I sometimes go out there on another day as well to do research for the blog (i.e. play with cats and take lots of pictures!)

    Ann - Yes, Elmo's a sweetie. He remained a bit jumpy if I moved too quickly, but he never went far and was even starting to follow me around by the time I was done. I'll have to figure out where he hangs out on less sunny days so I can be sure to find him again next time I'm out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the weather is too crappy for him , he stays just inside the Newcomers. Sometimes he hangs out on top of Benson's cage. Call him & usually he'll come down. Or at least he'll poke his head over the side to see the fuss is? LOL!!
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ann! I'll look for him there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful though Tiny can make things difficult in there!
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete