RAPS is short for Regional Animal Protection Society, a registered charity and operator of a sanctuary which houses and cares for nearly 500 homeless or abandoned cats in Richmond, BC, Canada. The Neko Files is a celebration of the sanctuary and all those who live and work there.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Tugboat

Tugboat is one of our most recent arrivals, but even after little more than a week he has made himself a favorite of staff and volunteers alike.


I first heard about him only a day or two after he came to the sanctuary from Ann, who knows how much I like to hear about any new cats that I should be sure to make a point of meeting. She described him as "awesome" and "a doll."
I couldn't have said it better myself.


Tugboat was surrendered due to "inappropriate urinating." It must have been a tough decision for his people to give him up, as Debbie tells me they hope to visit him at the sanctuary and, if I remember correctly, would even like to sponsor him to assist RAPS in his care.

He's in a cage for the moment, as the presence of all the other cats is stressing him out (pretty normal for newcomers). But I expect he'll be out and about before too too long. In the meantime, he's already won himself a solid fan base more than willing to give him the tummy rubs he enjoys so much.

3 comments:

  1. What a character eh?
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is Tugboat doing?? I miss him! Perhaps if I'm feeling well I'll come visit Monday nite!
    Ann J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tugboat was let out of his cage today... and made it as far as a nearby chair before deciding he'd actually rather take this whole "freedom" thing slow and easy.

    ReplyDelete